Sunday, July 29, 2012

Harper's First Hike

We took Harper hiking for the first time ever on Friday evening. We hiked to Cecret Lake, which is up Little Cottonwood Canyon at the Albion Basin. Harper loved it. The hike was pretty short (about 1 mile) and easy. Harper handled most of it with no problem. She was quite proud of herself for making it all the way to the lake and had so much fun that she asked to hiking again the next day (of course we said yes to her requests... pics to come).










We saw several moose during our hike.
This one was about 10 feet from us.


Once again, it was more than wonderful to share yet another first with Harper. Watching her explore and discover the world around her is an absolute treat. Harper loves life and adventuring is pretty much her favorite thing ever (tied only with Ariel and Otter Pops). I can't believe that she is nearly three (I just booked a very special red-headed guest for her party and I'm so excited!) and must admit that I get a little sad when I think about having a two year old for only two more months. In what feels like the blink of an eye, Harper has gone from baby to toddler to little girl. Each stage has been magical for me- truly magical because for me, being Harper's mom is pretty much the best thing ever.

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures look amazing! I'm so jealous about the moose, I've yet to see one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should head up to Cecret Lake. We have seen one every time we've been. There is also a mama with her baby living up Big Cottonwood Canyon (we're totally stalking them).

      Delete
  2. oh those eyes!
    and that moose... i'd probably have a heart attack if something that large was that close!
    but yes, it is quite magical watching your baby turn into a little person ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!