Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day, 2012

I was really sad that I didn't get to spend yesterday with my dad. I wish he didn't live so far away from me because I miss him (all the time, actually... not just on Father's Day).

It was great to spend the day with Harper and Colt, however. Harper was so cute when she gave Colt his present (some shirts, some treats, and a certificate to get his truck detailed) and she melted my heart every time she wished someone a "Happy Father's Time!"

A couple of weeks ago, I was telling Harper about Father's Day. I told her we would have to get Colty a present and that she'd have to tell him how much she loved him. I asked her how much she loved her daddy and she said, "8 1." I have no idea what this means but I do know that Harper loves Colt and am guessing that "8 1" is, in her mind, a really big amount.

Yesterday, we had brunch with Colt's family and then headed to the driving range (my suggestion) in honor of my dad. Colt and I have been together a long time but he's never seen me hit a golf ball. I don't think he had any idea I even could. Ha. I showed him. He said he was really impressed and equally surprised, although I don't know why. My dad was a professional golfer, after all. I, on the other hand, am never surprised by Colt. The guy is good at everything he does, golf included. He can drive a ball ridiculously far.

We spent yesterday afternoon visiting Colt's grandpas. It was a busy day and I was exhausted by the time we got home. It was a good day, though, and I couldn't be more thankful for the dads (my dad, Colt, and Colt's dad) in my life.

Harper is also good at everything, especially cuteness.
Nobody does cute like Harper Jane.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!