Friday, June 29, 2012

Dirty Hair, Day 4

This time around, I didn't dry shampoo my hair until day four (I usually do so on Day Three). Then, because it was Monday and I was feeling lazy, I pulled it into an easy side pony. 

I have tried countless dry shampoos and have narrowed them down to two favorites:
I love Batiste (I use the Original, which is pictured in the middle) because it is so light and doesn't have a strong scent. I always recommend it to first time dry-shampooers because it isn't quite as heavy as the other options out there. Once you spray it on and brush it out, you will barely notice it's there. 



Rockaholic by TIGI is my other favorite. I use it on days when I plan on curling my hair because it is a little thicker and acts as something of a texture spray (two birds with one stone, you know?). When I use this, my curls/waves hold so much better. I love it. 

There are a few things to remember with both kinds of dry shampoo:
1. Don't overuse it. A little bit goes a long way and if you use too much dry shampoo, your hair will feel icky and you'll want to wash it right away.

2. Focus on the roots (the rest of your hair won't need it anyway). I usually spray the roots on top of my head and around my ears/neck.

3. Let it sit for a few minutes (I usually do my makeup during this time) and then brush it out. When you first apply it, your roots may look grayish. That should go away once your dry shampoo has worked its magic. If it doesn't, you've probably used too much. When this happens to me, I spritz some body spray onto my roots to soak up the extra dry shampoo. 

4. When it comes to any new kind of product, I always recommend trying it at home first. Use lazy weekends or down days when you're just hanging around at home to try and perfect your dry shampooing technique. Like with dirty hair, it takes some getting used to. When you dry shampoo, your hair will be less greasy and will most likely smell better (if not, use your body spray) but it won't really feel like freshly washed hair. You just have to get comfortable with a different texture.

Any questions?



5 comments:

  1. Do you only spray it on your part, and around your ears/neck? Or do you do sections throughout your head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spray it on my roots (my part and other spots) and then around my ears and neck. I just section off random parts and spray a bit as needed.

      Delete
  2. Where do you find your batiste? I used to get mine at Sally's but have had the hardest time finding it lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I heard recently that Sally's was discontinuing it. That is where I've usually purchased it. You could probably get it online. I'd just search Batiste. There is a local place here in SLC that carries it as well. It's called Got Beauty. You could hit them up if you're from around here. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. I am from Midvale, I went to school/played basketball with Kenz and found your blog through your cute hubby :) The Sally's in Fort Union hasn't had it for months :( I'll have to try Got Beauty! Thanks!
      Love your blog!

      Delete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!