Monday, May 7, 2012

The Most Adorable Story You'll Ever Hear

So last week, Harper's best friend (Paityn, a sweet little two-year-old from our daycare) went to Disneyland. When she met Ariel Paityn said, "Harper loves you."

When I heard this, I nearly died.

If you knew Paityn, you'd know that she has the smallest and sweetest voice ever. I can just imagine her saying this little sentence and it makes me feel like crying.

Harper does love Ariel- so much. She received a bath time Ariel for Christmas last year (from another sweet daycare child- Heaven help me, I work with the best people ever). It has been her favorite toy since. She takes Ariel everywhere- to bed, in the tub, out on errands. I thought the Ariel thing would be a short-lived stage (like most things with a toddler), but I was wrong. We are going on nearly a year of obsessive Ariel love.

Seriously...
Today, Harper and Ariel had an "Under the Sea" (Harper's words, not mine) bath.
You can't really tell from the photo but their tub water was ocean blue.

Harper and Ariel (well mostly Harper) love Target slushies.

Here are some more random Ariel sightings.

I think that you can see that wherever Harper goes, Ariel goes. 

My dad is taking us to Disneyland for Harper's third birthday and I just know I'm going to cry when she meets Ariel. I know it because I tear up even thinking about that special moment (I've already assigned video/picture taking duties).

Harper is so excited for Disneyland. At this point, she knows that it is a place where 1. princesses live and 2. she can ride a carousel. Obviously she is in for a big surprise because Disneyland is so much more than that (yes, I'm a Disney nerd... What of it?). Disneyland is magical. I've been countless times (my dad is from LA) and have never failed to get chills upon seeing the castle. I love Disneyland and I am absolutely excited to share it with Harps.

When I showed Harper a picture of Paityn meeting Ariel (thank God for instagram), she went crazy telling me (no, yelling at me) that we need to get ready "NOW!" for Disneyland (if you heard Harper say "Disneyland," you'd probably die because it's so adorable).

I told her that Grandpa Jack was taking her and so she'd need to wait for him. Harps- bless her little heart- spent the next few hours "waiting for Papa Jack." It was so sweet and so heartbreaking- seriously, if only I could explain time to a two-year-old! Harper waited so long by the front window that she eventually fell asleep.

And now all of your hearts are officially melted, I know. I'm sorry. Some stories are too adorable not to share.




4 comments:

  1. Omg she is going to have an absolute blast! I just keep picturing those Disney commercials where they surprise the kids and they start flipping out. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My freaking heck, that really is the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog! this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you to take Harper on the LM ride in California Adventure. My 2 year old clapped excitedly throughout the ride. It was my favorite part of our trip!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!