Thursday, March 29, 2012

Randomness on a Thursday

I hope that you are okay with the direction the blog is going in these days. I want to get back to the original reason I started blogging. I want to record more of our lives, specifically more of Harper's life. This is why there have been a lot of Harperish posts lately. Everyday with her is an adventure- a delightful/magical/sometime- frustrating-but-always wonderful-adventure and I find that this blog is the best way for me to keep track of it.

Good heavens, I love that girl.

Anyway, I wanted to do a bit of a catch-up post and fill you in on what, besides Harper cuteness, has been going on at the Adams house. We don't have bath time shark visits or anything (did you see that video yesterday? Seriously cute wasn't it?) but we have been quite busy lately... 

We put an offer on a house in Sandy. It was accepted. Our loan was approved yesterday. We close on April 12th. We will start cleaning/moving the next day and I'm super excited. We are buying a darling red brick rambler (circa 1960) and I love it. The location is probably my favorite thing about the house. It's not even 5 minutes from all of my favorite places (Fashion Place Mall, Super Target, Chipotle, Jimmy John's, and my in-law's), which is going to be amazing after living in Herriman (aka "the middle of nowhere") for two years. I'm also excited to be close to all of my best SLC spots (Liberty Park, Library Square, boutiques, the zoo, etc.)

Colty is working and getting ready for softball/golf season. He's also been shooting his new gun a lot and planning all sorts of hunting/fishing adventures. I'm sure that you could search the world over and not find someone with as many hobbies as Colt. 

Hazel is adorable and she loves the warmer weather. In a moment of impulse, I shaved her myself and as usual, I did a terrible job. She looks a bit like a homeless shih tzu right now but to me, she is still the cutest little dog ever. Once we get moved, I'll get her in to see a real dog groomer. Hopefully Petco can fix my hack job. 

Tucker is Tucker. He doesn't know it but his life is about to change drastically (hello fenced yard). He's going to love being outside all day. I'm really excited for him. 

I've been cleaning and organizing and shopping (another plus of getting a new house is new furniture) like crazy. Moving day can't come soon enough for me. I'm also in the midst of planning Calli's bridal shower and bachelorette party (both of which are going to be AWESOME). 

When I have downtime (usually at night when everyone else is sleeping), I've been re-watching The Tudors (a total obsession) and doing some non-fiction reading (photography, mostly, along with some inspirational stuff).

I'm still obsessed with braids and am thinking of joining the colored (and possibly floral) pants train. I just haven't decided if someone as short as me should be wearing bright denim (it seems sort of counterproductive to my efforts to look like I have longer legs). I've ignored my closet a bit lately because we have been so focused on the house but I'm planning on doing some wardrobe updating this weekend. I haven't bit my nails in almost a month (go ahead and send me a gold star), I said goodbye to my ombre, and I've been eating ungodly amounts of cous cous (blaming that on pre-move jitters). 

Oh and Harper and I have been working on our silly faces.

What is new with you?




5 comments:

  1. Kudos on the brick rambler--love those, wish I had one! There are so many great things you can do with them. I've enjoyed the Harper posts and so have my mom and dad, and really if you need any kind of help moving we'd love to lend a hand, like I said there are 5 of us and we have 7 pick-ups between us(ridiculous).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Colt's dad has an enclosed trailer and we have several friends that owe us a move so I think we should be good to go. We really appreciate the offer, though. Colt saw when you offered on facebook and commented on it. You guys are the only family members of mine that have offered help and it means a lot. When we get settled, you will have have to come by for dinner or something. I'm not much of a cook but I love to entertain.

      Delete
  2. I am so excited for your family! Moving is such an adventure. I too wish I owned a brick rambler but I guess the fake wood log cabin look is growing on me. If you need any help entertaining Harper while you are moving all your stuff my kids and I are good company and we LOVE going to the park. Especially ones with swings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog... not sure how... lol... but I totally dig it! You are beautiful and I'm eager to read more about you! Congrats on the new house :) And for being closer to everything! I live right downtown and I LOVE IT- except that it's not the most conducive place to raise a 4 year old... lol... but we are so close to City Center YAY!

    Ramblings of a total stranger... gotta love it! Anyway, just wanted to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has Colt changed his opinion about braids? I'm so excited about your new home and the fenced yard is going to be awesome for Tucker AND Harper. I think I'm a geek because I'm really excited for Calli's shower. No, I don't know her (other than what I hear from you) and no, I'm not going, but I can't wait to see what you girls do for her. I'm still waiting to see what your finished playlist is! Love the silly faces, by the way, you two are gorgeous in every single picture I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!