Friday, February 24, 2012

Caillou's Biggest (and Cutest) Fan

I've mentioned before that Harper loves Caillou. A few days ago, she was getting dressed and asked to wear her "Caillou shirt." I would have loved to oblige her but the thing is... Harper doesn't have a Caillou shirt. It took all of ten minutes for me to calm her down and convince her that she could wear something else until we find a Caillou shirt (I promised to get her one ASAP).

Anyway, Caillou has a cat named Gilbert and Harper loves to talk about him. The other day, she asked me for a Gilbert of her own. Her inquiry sounded something like, "Parper have kitty Gilbert too?" and it was the cutest little question I've ever heard (she's in a stage where she talks about herself in the third person and it's seriously cute).

This darling question put me in a dilemma. There was no way that I could tell her no (she was too cute for that), but there was really no way that I could tell her yes, either (Colt hates cats and I'm pretty sure Tucker would think of any feline as his own personal toy).

So, I did what any experienced parent would do. I told her to ask her dad.

Colt wasn't home for very long before she remembered to ask him for a kitty. He said no, of course, although I don't know how. Who could say no to this face? WHO?
This is the very moment when she asked Colt for a kitty.

Anyway...
Happy Friday!

I have a few fun things planned this weekend:
a movie, house shopping, a baby shower, coffee with Kenz, maybe some Indian food...
It's going to be a good one.
I hope yours is, too.
Much love!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't say no to that face, that's for sure. I mean, look at those eyes! Look at those lips! I would be tracking down the real Gilbert and sellilng my kidney to make him hers. Although, it's just going to get more difficult as she grows up, so it's good practice for you and Colt to say no now, when she's easily distracted by other attainable things.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!