Monday, February 27, 2012

The Beauty Aisle: Lip Stain and Mascara

I recently received questions about my favorite mascara and what kind of lip stain I like...

I'm a huge fan of lip stain. It's perfect for busy days or events when I don't want to worry about reapplying lip color and it doesn't kiss off onto Harper's chubby lil cheeks. I have two different lip stains that I like, both from Cover Girl.
This is Cover Girl's official lip stain.
It's light and easy to use and lasts forever (sometimes I even wake up with pretty lips).
It's also not too overwhelming and would be a great first lip stain for anyone.

This is Cover Girl's Outlast All Day Lip Color.
It's thicker than lip stain but lasts just as long, if not longer.
The colored tube is the actual stain and the clear one is gloss that you can reapply.
Be careful with this stuff because if you use it with another type of gloss, it may clump off.
I love this product and have it in many shades. 

As far as mascara goes, I'm really picky. I am pretty sure I've tried 80% of the options that are out there and I always come back to the same brands. I expect a mascara to 1. thicken AND lengthen my lashes, 2. be good for layering (I wear several coats), and 3. come off as easily as it went on (I'm a super lazy face washer). I also occasionally wear false eye lashes (well, not so much anymore but I did back in the day) and so I need a mascara that goes well over them. 

My favorite mascara of all time is Maybelline Full n' Soft (truly, I love this stuff and have worn it for over ten years) with Cover Girl's Lash Perfect coming up as a close second. Both of these meet all of my mascara expectations and regardless of what else I may be trying at the time, there is always a tube of each in my makeup bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!