Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekends- What's Not to Love?

I just love weekends. Really though, what's not to love? Quiet mornings with Harper, good food with family and friends, and late night snuggles with Colty (none of which happen during the week)- it's all good. 

On Friday night we went to Bucca di Beppo with Colt's family to celebrate Calli's graduation and I'm pretty sure we ordered half the menu. The food (bread, salad, cheesy bread, pasta, pizza) just kept coming and I was in carb heaven, for sure. I don't know why but I just can't seem to say no to bread, especially if/when it's covered in cheese. 

On Saturday, Colt went ice fishing while Harper and I headed downtown for brunch with my friend Niki and her new boyfriend. We ate at Oasis Cafe and it was so good (if you're a vegan or vegetarian in SLC and you haven't been to Oasis, you're definitely missing out). 

I took Harper to Liberty Park for some playtime on our way home from brunch (the park in December in Utah? Crazy, I know). Liberty Park is one of my favorite SLC spots and it was really quiet and peaceful on Saturday afternoon. Harper had so much fun running and playing. I think that even though it's winter, we need to spend more time outside. 

We came home for nap time and then headed out to a birthday party. Harper's little friend Brynlee turned two and we had so much fun celebrating with her. Harper, as you can imagine, was really helpful with the present opening and candy eating. 

After that, we picked up Colt and went out for some sushi to celebrate our friend Tyson's birthday. Harper joined us and had big fun pretending to be our waitress (a result, I assume, of taking her to three restaurants in two days). 

On Sunday, we went to Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo. Harper rode the carousel twice and even met Santa... well, sort of. Harper looked at, and even considered, Santa (who, by the way, looks like he's barely legal... Botox maybe?) but wouldn't even offer him a high five once it was our turn. She buried her face in my neck (I will never be the type to place my screaming/scared child in Santa's lap... unless I decide that I want to traumatize them, that is) while we took a photo. Santa is coming to our Christmas Eve party so we'll see if she's warmed up by then. 












7 comments:

  1. Santa does look younger than he should! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't want to get near that guy, either.

    Looks like you're having fun with your new camera, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh weekends really are the best!!! I love the last picture haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the most beautiful family that I have ever seen!!!! Your daughter is GORGEOUS! I'm so glad that I found your blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog today and I LOVE it. One of my new favorites! :)

    Love the pictures, Harper is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your hair looks with the braid! Cannot wait for my hair to grow out so I can do it! Been loving your posts about the excitement of Christmas with a little one. My little guy will be 2 in a few weeks and I don't think I've ever looked forward to Christmas so much before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Santa pictures I am seeing on blogs are cracking me up. this dude looks like "what am I doing here?!" I am feeling inspired to go stand in line and make my family take one, too!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!