Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Garbage Day Randomness

Maybe this Garbage Day Randomness will become a thing? I kind of like it. How about you?

Anyway...

***I want this shirt and I want it now (you can get yours here).


***I'm so excited for Christmas with my little Harper girl. We have finished shopping for her. We didn't overdo it. She is getting a few toys and books, some dress ups, and stocking stuffers. I felt like if we gave her too much all at once, she'd be overwhelmed so I opted for a handful of gifts that are totally Harperish. One of her gifts is a set of 10 little Disney Princesses. Harper is really into little figurines right now so she is going to love this. 




***I recently quit drinking energy drinks (farewell Rockstar Recovery). I'm hoping to help my body be a bit healthier (aka kidney stone free) so I've cut back on caffeine. It's been a bit of a struggle (okay... okay... it's been more than a bit of a struggle... it's been a big struggle... one that has required many naps and early bedtimes). I'm also trying to drink more water. Crystal Light has saved my life the past few weeks. There are so many wonderful flavors- Peach Tea and Sunrise Tangerine Strawberry are my favorites. 

***Someone recently asked me about my job. They wanted to know how long I plan on running a daycare out of my house. I love my job. It's perfect for right now but I don't see myself doing it for the long term. My plan is to start teaching (preferably junior high or high school English) when Harper goes to school. If, in the meantime, another little one comes into our lives, that plan will probably be put off a couple more years but like I've said before, we are totally undecided when it comes to more babies.

***Sometimes (quite a few times, actually), Harper has a timeout- a tutu timeout. Even with an angry Cheeto-smeared face, she's the cutest little person alive.
Traditional timeouts don't really work for Harper so I've actually been taking her tutu away as punishment for hitting or not sharing. It's working surprisingly well. Harper really loves that tutu.  

***Finally, if you want to know 13 of the world's best beauty tips, go here.

Oh and p.s. How cute is this little Grinch face? Seriously, what IS she thinking?

4 comments:

  1. haha. ok, pup looks pissed. or mischievous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will catch along! I want to try it now, haha. You have a great blog and a beautiful family. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tutu! And the grinch face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you take away her tutu! Traditional parenting never works with my kids either, gotta get creative with teaching and punishing. What ever works

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!