Wednesday, November 30, 2011

That Harper Girl

That Harper girl (or as I like to call her, my Harper girl) is so cute. I thought I'd do a bit of a Harper lately post. It's been a while since I filled you in on my main girl (note: the words in parenthesis are not, in fact, typos. They are Harperisms. I wanted to share them with you because Harper words are so much cuter than regular words) so here goes...

  • Obviously, Harper is still against hairstyling of any kind. Most days, I'm lucky if I get the chance to run a comb through it or wash the strawberry jam (see next bullet) out of it. It's a good thing that Harper has those adorable Colty curls because they look good pretty much no matter what. 
  • Right now, Harper's favorite food is toast with strawberry jam. She eats at least two pieces of it a day and I just love when she says, "Mama, I have toast ("chos")?"
  • Harper also loves pickles, popsicles, edamame, fruit snacks, raisins, turkey hot dogs (cold from the fridge... I'll pause while you gag...), cup-o-noodles (she got that one from me- I could eat them daily), and fries (whenever we pass a drive-through of any kind, Harper claps and yells "FIES!").
  • Harper continues with her refusal to wear pants. However, we have made a little headway in the warm clothing department: Harper will now wear leggings underneath her skirts ("kurts") and dresses ("treshes").
  • Harper is a dog lover. Every time we see a dog, she gets really excited. She especially loves Hazel ("zazel"), Tucker ("kucker") and Zowie ("zozo"). Harper has come a long way with our dogs and surprisingly enough, they actually like her now. Hazel loves to give her kisses and Tucker loves to chase her around our house. Even Zowie tolerates her quite well. 
  • Harper is a really active kid. She loves to dance, run ("race!"), do arm circles, and practice for her gymnastics class ("cwass"). She also loves to sing and has her own playlist on my iPhone. Right now, her favorite songs are Just Around the Riverbend and Winnie the Pooh (the Zooey D. version, of course).
  • Harper loves all of her family members and gets super excited when we go to Grandma Carrie's house.
  • Harper's shyness (or at least her pretension thereof) has worn off and she is now comfortable around our friends and even strangers (I'm still not used to her talking to random people when we are in public). Family aside, Harper's favorite person is Colt's friend Tyson ("Tys"). When he's here, she only has eyes for him (first crush? maybe). 
  • Harper loves to dress up and I'm pretty sure that Santa is going to be bringing some new princess costumes to our house come Christmas eve. I don't know what else he should bring, though. Any suggestions for presents for the world's cutest little Harper Jane ever?
  • Harper is learning all about Christmas right now. She loves talking about Santa (she calls him "Snow") and looking at decorations. Our neighbors have lighted candy canes on their walkway. Harper has been asking for "a bite" of them since she first saw them. Two nights ago, I let her satisfy her curiosity. She has stopped asking for bites.
(Harper loves playing with my new camera but wants no help whatsoever.)

I think that's just about it. Harper is one cute two-year-old and I think that it's obvious that she is as awesome as ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!