Monday, November 21, 2011

Hello Monday...

Happy Thanksgiving Week, my dear friends. This holiday snuck up on me, for sure, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. We are having Thanksgiving with Colt's mom's family this year and it's going to be so fun. Kenzie (my little sister-in-law) and I are so excited that we are having a sleepover Wednesday night.

I'm also looking forward to a few days of rest. I was sick again (are you surprised? Me neither) over the weekend. I think my body needs some time to chill. I'm planning on giving it lots of healthy food, water, and sleep over the long weekend. At some point, my body is going to tire of being sick, I just know it. Heaven knows that I'm due for a healthy spell (a long one).

Sickness aside, we managed to have a little fun over this past weekend. On Friday night, I took Harper out for some shopping (she and I were both a bit stir crazy after a week at home with the daycare). We went to Kohl's for some new Harper duds (and came home with another Ariel doll, of course).

On Saturday, I got my nails done. I've never been a big fan of acrylic nails (I think it's the pianist in me) but I'm willing to try anything because my nail biting has been out of control lately. I'm giving acrylic nails (really short ones) a try. I didn't like them at first (I thought they were tacky) but they are growing on me and I must admit they're cute (pale pink with one black nail... ballerina colors!). Hopefully they do their job and curb my biting a bit.

On Saturday night, we hit Porcupine with some friends/family. The nachos were, as usual, amazing. So was the company (love you, Kenz).

I was pretty much done for by Sunday so we spent the entire day at home, eating Cup-O-Noodles and doing a whole bunch of nothing.

Over the weekend, Harper started coming into our room early in the morning and getting in bed with us for some snuggles. We loved it even though she was a major bed hog.






2 comments:

  1. Your little girl is crazy adorable, and I love that her name is Harper. :) Sounds like you've had a good week, hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!!
    God bless :-)
    -Sammie
    alysamantha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the out of control nail biting. Until I went to asia for 5 months and got manicures twice a week because they were only 5 dollars, my nails and cuticles were out of control. I'm not sure if i'll ever grow out of it. Acrylic nails didn't work either, I would pick them off. I try to keep my hands as moisturized as possible, sometimes that helps...

    PS- I love the name Harper! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!