Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Beauty Aisle: When In Doubt...

When in doubt, listen to your stylist, especially if/when your stylist is Whitney.

I had a hair appointment scheduled for last Saturday morning. A couple of days before, this super sexy Jennifer Aniston pic was making its way around Pinterest (let it be known that I've never been a J. Aniston fan- she bugs me to no end- but seriously, that girl has great hair) and I started looking at my hair and thinking that I should cut it. It had been so blah lately and I was certain that cutting it to my shoulders would be wonderful.

Thank heaven above that Whitney didn't let me go through with it.

She knows me too well. She was smart enough to see that all I needed was fresh color in order to give my hair some life. She tactfully convinced me to not cut my hair (which, as you know, I just spent nearly two years growing out) right now. Even when I forget, Whitney remembers that I love my long hair.

And that, my friends, is why Whitney is at the tippy top of my Christmas list.

I'm still rocking an ombre (and probably will for a while, since it's so low maintenance). It's just a little bit more dramatic and a little less on the reddish side. I love it (and I love Whitney for keeping me in line and not letting me do anything impulsive).

Anyway... I wanted to talk about skin care some more today and am working on a post about treating your skin from the inside out. In the meantime, here is a post about body lotion that I wrote a while back for Confessions of a Beauty Aisle Addict. I'm a body lotion fanatic. Some people don't even use body lotion and I honestly don't even know how they live (that sounds so dramatic... it's not... I promise... but really, I love body lotion) without feeling icky and dry all day. 

Oh and, just so you know.... Snow White fell asleep (and drooled, mind you) on my sofa this afternoon. 
I'm pretty sure that Santa needs to bring Harper a box of dress up fun.

P.S. Are you looking into hair extensions? Whitney (my oh so wise stylist) is running a holiday special. Go here for details. 

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks amazing! And reminds me that I really really need to get mine done. damn, avoiding the mirror was getting so easy! Ha!

    And, thank you! I really don't understand what makes jen aniston so amazing- besides her hair. The way she talks, drives me nuts. I don't understand the obsession. I think you are the only other person that shares this opinion- finally!

    Hope your having a great week!
    -Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!