Thursday, September 29, 2011

The One About Harper's Dad

The thing about Harper's dad is that... he's awesome.

I've realized lately that there are a lot of totally not-awesome dads out there and I'm so glad that Harper's dad isn't one of them. 

Colt works really hard so that Harper can have the things that she needs (and even some that she doesn't, like gymnastics class and princess stuff). Colt plays with Harper and he makes her laugh every single day. He gets excited over silly things like "Ariel kisses" and he always claps for Harper when she dances and does tricks. He shares his ice cream with her and brings her Chic-fil-A and he tickles her belly whenever she asks. 

Awesome. I told you that he's awesome.

Harper is so much like Colt. She has his temper (his SHORT temper), his coordination (lucky for her, since mine is seriously lacking), his eyes, and his hair.

From the very beginning, Colt has been amazing (seriously... he even went to my baby shower and opened every single present because I was too embarrassed to do it alone). I've never doubted his devotion to Harper and I love that. I love knowing that Colt will never miss a dance recital or soccer game and that he will let Harper watch her "show" even if a big game is on. I love knowing that Harper will never have to doubt her father's love for her. She'll never need to wonder if anything is more important than her because nothing ever will be and I love that. I absolutely love that. 


For real, how adorable are these two?

Did you know that Colt has a nickname for Harper? He calls her "lil' bugger" and it's the cutest thing ever... Well, it's almost as cute as when I come back from walking Hazelnut to find this...

3 comments:

  1. A fathers love is the most amazing thing to see. I did not have a great relationship with my father growing up, so when I see my husband with our little girl it makes my heart melt. Daddy's little girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is seriously so cute!!! Your family is so blessed and so will grow up knowing how much her daddy loves her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome dad is the best thing a little girl could have :) I'm from Germany, and I started reading your blog about a month ago .. thought I'd tell you that I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!