Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Little More Advice About Your Hair

As I read over yesterday's hair post, I realized that I forgot one very important piece of advice. I use a silk/reparative serum on my hair every single time I wash it. I've been doing so for about six years now. I swear by serums. They help repair and strengthen your hair and are especially necessary if you blow dry on a regular basis since they act as a shield between your hair and the heat. I've tried Biosilk and Chi but prefer the Pureology one (Hydrotherapy Shinemax), of course. 
Here is a little hint for you: when you finish putting the serum in your hair, don't wash your hands. Use the remaining serum like lotion on your elbows, heels, or knees. 

Also, one of my facebook friends suggested extensions, which is a great idea for getting more length/thickness. You could have them put in professionally or go for clip in extensions. I actually have a friend who wears the clip-ins for thickness and they look amazing (it's her birthday today, by the way... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DANNI!)

I know that a lot of that people get extensions while they are growing out their hair. I strongly considered extensions last winter and even talked it over with my stylist but in the end, decided against them. I've had extensions before and really liked them but right now, I'm not up to the task of maintaining them. I will probably consider them once Harper is a little older and life isn't quite so crazy.

Me with extensions, circa 2006

If I'm sort of quiet for a few days, don't worry about me. My goal this week is to order a printed version of my 2010 blog. I've heard that printing a blog can be quite the project so wish me luck, okay?

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you are printing your blog! I've had intentions of printing mine for years now! I've set a goal date of November to get mine done but would love some advice. Who are you using? I would love it if you would do a blog post with a review of the process and pics of the final project!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!