Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Dog Park and Snippy Ladies Don't Mix

Harper, Hazel, and I joined Colt and Tucker at the dog park last night. Yes, believe it or not, all five of us fit in the Sub- barely. If we add another child to our family- be they human or of the furry sort- we are going to have to get a bigger car (it will still be a Subaru so don't worry).

It was an interesting evening. Hazel proved to be about as socially coordinated as her mama (that's me, by the way. i'm Hazel's mama. yep. we are THOSE kind of people). She spent most of the time walking around the very edge of the park, by herself.

Tucker, like his dad, is a social butterfly- always the center of attention. He had a great time playing with all of the dogs last night, at least until some snippy lady made a comment about him not being neutered (stupid lady didn't know that he is still a puppy) and made us feel like we had to leave. Some people are pretty sensitive about "fixed/unfixed" animals and I get that. I think that unless you are an experienced breeder, all household pets should be neutered/spayed. We wanted Tucker to get his full growth and so he isn't neutered- yet.

It really was just a matter of time until someone judged us for being such "irresponsible pet owners". Little do they know, we are responsible. Hazel is spayed and Tucker will be neutered by the end of the year. Pretentious people really bug me. It would sure be nice if people would THINK before they judge- and maybe even ask a question or two (this applies to all life situations, not just dog park happenings) before they make snide comments.




Anyway, we are off to my family reunion first thing tomorrow morning. It's going to be amazing, I just know it. Harper will be meeting the majority of the Harmon clan for the first time and I'm certain most of them will just die when they see how cute she is.

Have a fabulous weekend and be sure to eat yummy food, read good books, and snuggle cute people for me, okay?

Also, a rough version of the "blogs I like" page is up and ready for you. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I would just sort of throw it back at commenters - "On the recommendation of our vet, we aren't neutering him until he's a year old," or whatever. People think they're such experts at everything and sometimes just need to be put in their place.

    Honestly, not to be crude, but if he's not humping a dog in heat (which no dogs at the dog park should be), what is the big deal?

    (PS, before I got my little dog, I considered getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback pup. It came down to thinking realistically about how much energy I have after work, which is basically "not much." But Tucker is so cute! And Hazel's not bad herself. ;))

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!