Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Patience, Purpose, Poise, and an Affirmation

These are my focus words right now- they are the characteristics that I'm trying to incorporate into my life each day. I decided a few weeks ago that I'd choose three focus words each month. I don't know if each month's words will be such a shining example of alliteration. The fact that June's words all start with a "P" is pure coincidence... sort of.

In June, I want to have more patience with Harper.

In June, I want every day/activity/choice to have purpose.

In June, I want to conduct myself with more poise- to talk less, listen more, stand a little straighter, and go a little slower.

Last night as we were driving home from the concert, I was thinking about the little house I was going home to- and more importantly, I was thinking about the husband, the daughter, and the two fur babies that live in that little house. At that moment, everything about my life right now was reaffirmed to me, and I was overwhelmed with gratitude for Colt, Harper, Hazel, and Tucker. I'm a lucky girl to have these people/pets in my life, even if it means leaving half of my heart at home when I go out for an evening.

Last night I realized that for the first time ever, I feel satisfied with where I am. I no longer have to question myself or my life. I feel like I'm finally in the right place. I'm finally doing what I was meant to do.

This little house and the family that lives here give my life purpose. Colt, Harper, Hazel, and Tucker give me something to come home to- something that is so much more wonderful than any place I go or any concert that I see. Bruno Mars was great for sure, but Colt and Harper are amazing. I feel so blessed to have them. I feel like they fill up the parts of me that were never whole before and now I really understand what it means to say, "My cup runneth over."

Anyway, on to some cute stuff. Remember when I mentioned in my last post that Harper likes to get ready with me? Well, here is what it looks like when she does...

She is oftentimes too busy to look at the camera...




We make KISSY FACES!

Then we kiss.
Harper kisses are my favorite.

My makeup is like a wonderland of fun for her.
She really likes sticking her fingers in expensive lipstick.


I'm pretty sure Harper brought the orange plate in with her. 
I like an ice cold Rockstar Recovery when I'm getting ready.
Harper likes a big plate of Cheetos.

Obviously my cup runneth over with 100% pure cuteness...
(I'm obsessed with Instagram. Obsessed.)

1 comment:

  1. Those are great words to focus on right now. I sort of am doing the same thing, but I like the way you are doing it. You are a great example of a mother to me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!