Friday, May 20, 2011

Growth

It's Friday once again and all of us at the Adams household are quite excited. It's Colts surprise (the surprise was ruined so I can safely blog about it) birthday party tonight. We are having dinner at Porcupine (of course, of course) and then heading to Canyon Inn for some fun. It's going to be fun/great/awesome/amazing and every other sort of good thing you can think of for it to be.

Monday is a big day for Colt. He is turning 26 and starting his new job (same company, better position... smiles all around!). These things are worth celebrating (so is Calli, his twin- she's awesome and we are celebrating her birthday tonight, too!).

Colt and I are not your typical newlyweds. We aren't in that "just us" honeymoon phase like most 4-months-married couples. We are busy people. We both work very hard every day and take care of our two dogs and our very busy (and super cute) toddler at night. Now that Tucker is officially out of the play pen, our house is especially chaotic and quality Colt/Abby time is something of a rarity.

That's okay, though. We love our chaos. We love Harper, Hazel, and Tucker. That love makes the chaos worth it and more often than not, it makes it magical (except when there is poop in the tub- that, my friends, is never magical).

I think about these years- the early years of our family- and I just know that someday when we look back on our lives, they will have been our favorites (even considering the frequent tub poop). Colt, Harper, and I are growing together each day and it's really quite wonderful that we get to do it together. Harper's growing is a little more noticeable (and certainly, she looks much cuter doing it than we do) but be assured that Colt and I are learning and evolving just as much as she is.

We are also having lots of fun. We do all sorts of fun things. Yesterday, for example, Harper and I had a laundry folding dance party. It was awesome. Have you ever had a laundry folding dance party? Yesterday was my first. I loved it.
This kind of fun- the awesome kind- is just a byproduct of that growth I mentioned.  

For me, life is all about growth. If we work everyday to help the different parts of us- our knowledge, our compassion, our faith (whatever it may be in), our talents, and our love- grow, we will become happier, better people without even realizing it. It's a wonderful situation all around. To become a better person with bigger love, more knowledge, and better compassion is all I really want in life. I believe that if I do that, everything else I could possibly wish for will fall right into place (fun, for example).

Have a lovely weekend, my blog friends. I hope that you have somebody cute to spend it with. I know I do. Harper and I will be dancing, singing, playing, and snuggling as much as we can this weekend.
xoxo,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!