Monday, May 23, 2011

A Big Weekend Post with Lots of Photos

Good morning and happy Monday, everyone! Today is Colty's birthday. I'd wish him a happy birthday but the fact is that he doesn't read my blog. Besides, I've already told him, texted him, and written on his facebook wall. I've also got a card waiting for him. I think I've got the "Happy Birthday" thing covered for this year.

 He is 26. Yes, I'm a cradle robber, or at least that is what his Grandma tells me. Please don't rub it in.

Anyway, Colt is awesome.

Harper and I just finished making his cake. When it comes to cake, Colt is sort of like a kid: "yellow with chocolate frosting" is his favorite. Harper had a great time helping me (aka making a huge mess) and was more than happy to try her first ever taste of cake batter (aka Heavenly Heaven on a spoon).

Colt's birthday party was last Friday. If you came and celebrated with us, thank you. We love our friends (you know who you are) and honestly don't get together with them enough. Let's change that, okay?

I know the night was pretty chill but Colt had fun and really, that's all that matters, right?

We started the night at Porcupine. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know how much we love this place. It's our favorite.

This is why...

The food was delicious. The company wasn't too shabby, either. Really though, the company was actually probably better than the food, and that is saying a lot since the food was amazing.

After dinner, we headed to Canyon Inn for some drinks and fun. Do you watch True Blood? Well, Canyon Inn reminds me a little of Merlotte's with its' wood panelling and interesting variety of patrons. There are no vampires, its true, but the people watching at Canyon Inn is still pretty interesting and they serve drinks in mason jars, which is pretty much the coolest thing ever and certainly the only classy thing about the place.

Colt shares his birthday with his twin, Calli. She's the best and it really is awesome to tell people that I have a twin-sister-in-law.

We did not plan to wear coordinating colors, I promise. It just happened. Great (and obviously fashionable) minds really do think alike, don't they?

That birthday boy- he's so cute!

 This is probably the most interesting Colt/Abby photo yet.


I like anything served in a mason jar.

Harper spent that night at her Grandma Carrie's house and I missed her like crazy. When we woke up on Saturday, our house felt awkwardly empty. I hated it. I looked at Colt and said, "Let's go get our baby." I didn't even bother to get ready beforehand. We spent all of Saturday with Harper and it was wonderful. We took her to all of her favorite places- the library, Chick-fil-A, the park, and the store.

She also got to play outside with the neighbor children and she loved it, especially the part where they shared their cool toys with her.

Hazel has a neighbor friend, too.
Her name is Chloe and she is the 3rd cutest shih tzu I know.
Hazel is first, then Zowie (even though they are pretty much tied in cuteness).
Hazel and Chloe had a fun time playing (aka begging Harper for food) on Saturday.
Sometimes when I'm away from Harper, I sort of (but not really) forget how cute she is. Then when I see her again, I'm totally blown away by her extreme cuteness.

1 comment:

  1. You two are so ridiculously cute together! I’m not on facebook- tell Colt Happy BDay! Ps. I LOVE the color of your hair. It’s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!