Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

On Friday night, we colored eggs.
Harper was sort of in to it, but not really.
Colt colored all of the eggs while Harper tried to drink the coloring mix.


On Saturday we headed to Colt's parent's house for dinner and an egg hunt.
Harper got all dressed up and was seriously the cutest thing alive. 


Harper is the Adams' only grandchild.
Therefore, she is super spoiled.
We left with a carful of candy, animals, clothes, money, and toys.


I didn't think Harper would really get the Easter egg hunting thing this year.
I was wrong.
She got it.
She found 17 eggs and wanted more.




This is my favorite.
Notice that she is on her tippy toes.


On Saturday night, the Easter Bunny came.
He brought Harper some really delightful surprises:
books, movies, pajamas, sandals, bubbles, and a pinwheel.
He also left a few balloons just to make sure Harper knew it was a special day.




Harper J loves mini books and was so excited for a new set!

Harper was actually pretty sick on Easter so we cancelled our egg hunt.
She spent the day on the couch, nursing a cup of juice.
We watched Toy Story 3 together.
She loved it.
I cried. 
That is one sad flick.

Childhood is just too short.
Just look at Harper last Easter, when she was still a baby...
She didn't even crawl last year.
Now she walks, jumps, climbs, dances, runs, and somersaults all over our house.
And her chubby cheeks are long gone.
As usual, I love it and hate it.
I think that's the curse of motherhood.
You really begin to understand the term "bittersweet."




1 comment:

  1. You always say it so perfectly and are dead-on. Bittersweet it is. Harper is increasingly adorable, and I love me those pink jellies.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!