Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Spoils of Valentine's Day

For Harper, Valentine's Day is like Christmas.
Thanks to her grandparents and us, she was spoiled with 
many (perhaps too many) Valentine treats.
By treats, I mean clothes, pajamas, stuffed animals,
 jewelry, treats, books, blankets, and toys.
That's how it is when you're the only grandkid on both sides.
Grandma and Grandpa Lomento gave her a Leappad over the weekend.
She loves it.

Harper isn't the only one that was spoiled.
Our dogs also got toys and treats.
I hope I don't need to clarify which cookie was for which dog.

 Hazel and I met on Valentine's Day 3 years ago.
(Thus her middle name.)
We celebrated our anniversary yesterday with MANY treats and a walk together.
She is looking a little bit homeless these days.
I've been grooming her at home for the past 9 months.
I'm done.
Dog grooming is something that should be left to the professionals.
She is going to the groomer next month.
I can't wait for her to look like herself (and not a hacked up version) again.

 Harper ate a cookie for breakfast yesterday.
I figured that if I was eating one, she could too.
We don't have double standards around here.

 Harper got a bean bag and some books from us for Valentine's Day.

 I love any excuse to pull out my collection of cupcake plates.
Harper loves any excuse to eat a mini-cupcake or two.


 Grandma Paulette gave Harp this dress.
Cute, isn't it?

Colt is great and all but I really can't deny it.
Harper is my cutest Valentine ever.

1 comment:

Leave me a comment. I love comments!