Monday, February 28, 2011

SLC Saturdays #6

I loved last weekend. It felt long. It felt relaxing. It felt rejuvenating AND it was fun. Colt and I had an at-home movie night on Friday. On Saturday, we took Harper to play at her Grandma's house while we doubled with our favorite friends Tyson and Niki. We grabbed dinner at Iggy's and then saw The Fighter, which was an amazing movie- seriously I'm so obsessed with it. Yesterday Colt went rabbit hunting and Harper and I headed out for some mommy/daughter time. We hit Target for a few surprises (Harper loves the 1-Spot dollar section. We always come home with several prizes from it... Yesterday she scored a set of bracelets, a necklace, and some socks) and Petco for some fur baby treats. Harper was in heaven because there were several dogs in the store, and she impressed everyone in line with her "dog" sign.

Our SLC Saturday's outing this week wasn't to the most unique or special place but for Harper, it was so fun- she literally squealed with delight several times during our time at the McDonald's Play Place. She also threw quite an impressive tantrum when it was time to go, which was proof enough to me that our visit was worth any qualms I may have had. Before I had a fun-loving 16 month old, I swore I'd never take my child to a fast food restaurant play area and I'll admit, I'm still a little put off by what must be an immeasurable amount of little kid germs. However, how could I deny Harper such an exciting experience, especially when she can take a bath the minute we get home (which she did... and she had a nice veggie-filled dinner to make up for the junk food lunch)?






We were going to try a local coffee shop for #7 as well but time got away from us and we had to head home. We will save that for next week. How was your weekend, blog world friends?

5 comments:

  1. Abby, I just love your blog. I want to partake of your fun Saturday stuff. Can we join you this saturday? I was thinking getting the girls together they would have a blast together. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a germaphobe that I, too, have sworn I won't let Carson play in a fast food play place. I'm getting queasy just thinking of it, but really, I know it's just a matter of time before I eat my words. However, the OCD in me will make sure I place a towel down in the car so he doesn't contaminate the car seat with the germs acquired from the play place. Yes, I do need professional help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley... Are you sure you aren't my mom's daughter? You should be. I have greatly failed her with my non OCD ways... I even have a dog, which was a sure sign to her that she hadn't been successful in raising me.

    Holly... Let's get together for sure. Do you live in SLC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby we live right by the gateway.If you guys wanted to to the Children museum we have a pass that could get you in for free. And then we could do lunch down town there a re so many good places around there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly... That sounds perfect. I'll message you my phone number on fb. We have never been to that museum before and it was definitely on our list!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!