Friday, February 25, 2011

Random Abbyness Day 1

Day 1: Introduction, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts
Hi. I'm Abby. This is my blog. I love playing the piano (I used to be really, really good. I used to win competitions and make people cry. Now I'm just good and I don't really perform anymore. Life, motherhood, and work keep me from practicing as much as I'd like. If only I'd foreseen this years ago when I DIDN'T like spending 5 hours a day at the piano). I love teaching piano. I love reading. I don't read trash, but I do enjoy pretty much anything else. I prefer to read classic literature. I love yoga. I'd like to be a yoga teacher someday. I love my shih tzu. I love my daughter. Nothing has ever brought me more joy than having a child. I love my husband. I believe in being happy in every moment, regardless of anything else. I believe that happiness is more of a skill than anything and I'm determined to master it so that even when life is difficult, sad, or stressful, I can still be happy.

1. I can't sleep in an unmade bed. I have to make my bed every day, no matter what.
2. I have a pen pal. We've been writing since 4th grade.
3. Reduced Fat Wheat Thins are my favorite snack.
4. I was adopted.
5. I can't stand ignorant people, stupid people, annoying people, small minded people, shallow people, or overly loud people (that means I don't like Kate Gosslin, Sarah Palin, Taylor Swift, or Kanye West).
6. I have walked on fire. It's true.
7. I love going to the park, especially Liberty Park.
8. I love to sing.
9. When I'm feeling down, I watch music videos and black market Wicked scenes on youtube.
10. I LOVE bubble baths.
11. My favorite book is Wuthering Heights. My second favorite book is Wicked. My third favorite book is The Old Man and the Sea.
12. If ever I come across a word I don't know, I have to look it up. I hate not knowing what something means. Whenever I look up a word, I write it down. I have a whole notebook of definitions.
13. I'm an old lady at heart. Seriously. I prefer real books to electronic readers. I prefer snail mail to e-mail and I really love figurines, snow globes, and music boxes.
14. I've been married before but I never talk about it. I prefer to leave the past in the past.
15. I love bran muffins.

Well, that's it for Day 1. Happy, happy weekend friends. I'm off to enjoy movie night with Mr. Adams. I'm hoping my sweet, amazing cuddles will entice him to turn his fishing show off and Inception on.

4 comments:

  1. Number five makes me laugh. Aren't all of the Harmons overly loud? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well actually, they are but I love them so they don't count. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hemingway and hate Taylor Swift. So...there's something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha, that's good. Frequently Scott gets overwhelmed and/or irritated by the volume when we get together with my mom's side. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!