Monday, January 10, 2011

Bridal Saturday!

I'm officially naming last Saturday "Bridal Saturday" because the whole day was devoted to celebrating our upcoming wedding. (We are getting married FRIDAY! Wow. I can't wait!) On Saturday morning, Harper and I headed to Colt's parent's house for a bridal shower with family and friends. It was great and I left that afternoon as spoiled as can be, with a car full of wonderful gifts. My laundry room is now nearly overflowing with Target Registry delights. I've promised myself that I'm saving most of the gifts for when we move. We are buying a house in March and I really love the idea of moving in and having lots of new house toys to play with. We will see if I can hold out. My gifts are just so wonderful!

So many people worked hard to make the shower nice. The food was delicious (soup bar? Yes, please. Cream cheese desert? Yes, yes, please.) and everything looked so cute. Many thanks and much love to Carrie, Calli, Whitney, and Danni!

Harper was so busy during the whole shower.
I think I only saw her about half the time.
I'm still adjusting to the fact that she is no longer always by my side.
Once again, my Harper reached a milestone sooner than I expected.

I am terribly shy about receiving gifts.
Kenzie knows this and offered her moral support during the present opening.
I don't have sisters and am so glad that I will acquire 2 of them on Friday.

I'm obsessed with this outfit on Harper.
OBSESSED.

15 months old!

This present was bigger than her!
She still wanted to help.
She hasn't yet forgotten Christmas.
She definitely knows what a present is and what she should do with it.

We let her dance in the tissue paper.

With Calli, Whitney, and Kenzie!

By the end of the shower, Harper was tired.
Sleepy Harper still prefers to be at my side.

After the shower, we headed home to get ready for the Bachelorette Party. My favorite ladies came over for a Slumber Party presentation, drinks, delicious food (thanks to my dear friend Danni!), and many laughs. It was a super fun night, for sure. I have some seriously hilarious photos but have promised to keep them to myself. Just know that Colt's sisters and cousins, as well as my friends, are one crazy group of girls.

Harper helped me decorate.
"Help" is sort of a relative term here.
She mainly danced in the balloons.
(She loves herself some Lady Gaga.)
She also tried to eat the confetti.
I don't know if you can tell, but my whole floor was covered in confetti.

Colt dressed up to go out.
I dressed up to stay in.
We ladies had a lingerie/pajama party.
If you're my fb friend, you've probably seen what was under the robe.
It was so fun to dress up like that.
I definitely need more lingerie parties in the future.

Here we are saying goodbye for the evening.
(In other words, here I am saying, "Behave, behave, behave!" for the evening)

So now we are entering our wedding week. Everything is nearly ready to go. I think the only thing we need at this point is a pair of dress socks for Colt and a pair of tights for me (I'm going with nude fishnets.... my favorite!). Colt and I are so excited to get married and celebrate with our favorite friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love that you are so happy. It makes me feel a bit happier. Enjoy your day. I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw yay what a fun weekend! and happy almost your wedding, that is so exciting!! hope it's all sorts of fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!