Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Week Eve

Is it really Christmas week eve?
I sure hope so because I can't keep Harper's gifts hidden in the closet much longer.
Add Colt's, Hazel's, and Tucker's to that as well.
I'm just not very good at keeping secrets/presents/surprises to myself.

Anyway.... Our weekend was great. How was yours?

I picked my wedding dress up yesterday. It is even more simple than I remember and I love it. Yesterday we visited our reception center and made all sorts of decisions. I think that our wedding planner was shocked at how quickly I can make a choice. I'm truly not a picky bride and things are pretty easy when you eliminate flowers, tuxedos, cakes, lines, and other such unessecary details.

After leaving the reception center, we went to Walmart for some last minute groceries and a fish (keep reading). Yes we are crazy. Yes, going to Walmart the Saturday before Christmas was a nightmare that I will hope to never repeat as long as I live. Heaven knows I can barely handle Walmart on a normal day. The parking lot alone gives me anxiety. Alas, Walmart was our only choice as it is the only place where one can purchase milk, bacon, and a pet fish simultaneously.

The stress was worth it because we were buying supplies for a white elephant party with our friends. The party was last night and it was fun. In an act of cruelty, I took a BYU t-shirt (our friends are Ute fans through and through) and Colt took a fish (complete with a bowl and food). My gift was not wanted  at all but the fish (aka Leonard) was warmly received. I was happy to receive a fb report that he was a alive and well this morning. Colt and I came home with foot massagers and a pillow of some sort (don't ask... Just know that it isn't a pillow pet). White elephant parties are the best.

Harper had fun as well and she also came home with a present. Harper's gift was, however, not a white elephant. She actually slept through that part of the evening. Harper's present came earlier from my dear friend Danni, who is the best party hostess ever and Harper's favorite grown up pal.



Today arrived and we did..... NOTHING. Colt and I have needed- desperately needed- a day of nothing for a while. We stayed home all day. We watched both of our Netflix DVDs. We played with Harper (who, by the way, learned how to point out her eye, nose, and mouth today! Baby genius if you ask me...). We played with our fur babies. We didn't go anywhere or see anyone but each other. It was wonderful.

Now we are ready and excited to greet Christmas. It is going to be a great week. Our shopping is done and I've got stockings stuffed for Colt, Harper, Hazel, and Tucker. We have family dinners, family parties, downtown lights with friends, and a visit to Santa to keep us busy until December 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!