Wednesday, December 1, 2010

In Need of a Holiday Cheermeister

I'm feeling a bit like Cindy Lou Who lately. I just can't seem to find any Christmas spirit or holiday cheer. It isn't that I'm not excited for Christmas. I am very excited. We can't wait to celebrate with Harper and we know that she is going to love her presents. Her Santa list includes some DVDs, books (of course), a bean bag chair, some new Little People, and clothes/pajamas. Don't worry, Hazel and Tucker will be spoiled too. Santa could never forget two dogs as cute as them and he is forgiving Tucker for his naughtiness just this once, since he is still pretty much a baby.

I just can't seem to gather the motivation to decorate, shop, bake, or participate in any of the other equally festive activities. My front door still has a fall wreath on it, for Heaven's sake! This is craziness considering the fact that gift wrapping is one of my favorite things to do and I usually drive everyone crazy with my holiday excitement. I normally love Christmas. This year, I'm struggling. I just want to spend quality time with my family and friends, listen to Christmas music, and not be bothered with any hoopla. Is that bad? Isn't that what the holidays are for, anyway?

I think that part of my non-enthusiasm is due to the fact that I'm getting married two weeks after Christmas! I have showers, a bachelorette party, and a wedding to look forward to, not to mention the fact that Colt and I are house shopping and should be moved by spring. Part of me just wants to take the easy road and write off holiday preparations for the year. The other part of me knows that I need to decorate and be festive because I'll regret it if I don't. Normally I have the Christmas spirit long before now. I'm just waiting for it to hit and I'm bracing myself because when it does, nothing will stop me. I just hope it isn't too late.  

We are going to The Festival of Trees this week. Hopefully that will rekindle the dying fire that is my holiday cheer.

In the meantime, if you would like to come decorate my house in Christmas delights, let me know. I'll pay you in cookies. Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. I would trade about anything for cookies ;). I have yet to put our tree up, but will be doing so this weekend. You'll find your holiday spirit in some form or another and it will be perfect! Enjoy your day my beautiful friend. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!