Friday, October 22, 2010

Nieces

My family situation is a little bit of a contradiction.
I'm an only child yet I'm an aunt.
How does this work, you ask?
Well, I have two half brothers.
(Same mom, different dad)
They are nearly old enough to be my parents.
I don't know them very well.
I've never lived with them.
I was raised alone.
I'm an only child.
I'm a lucky only child, however.
My half brothers have amazing kids.
I have three nieces and three nephews.
It's a confusing situation but it's my situation and I love it.

Anyway, my three nieces are in town this weekend.
Would you like to meet them?
They are gorgeous.

Crystal
I remember the day this girl was born.
Now she is 18!
When she was little, she looked up to me.
Now she is taller/prettier/cooler than me.
(Side note: Harper is only two months old in this photo. 
I miss those chubby cheeks.)

Maranda
She's the closest thing to a sister I'll ever have.
She looks more like my  mom than I ever will.
(That's what happens when you are adopted.)
She is only 18 months younger than me.
She lived with us for a while when I was little.
She traveled with us.
Now she is all grown up- a mom with two cute boys.
Her decorating/crafting skills are something to be envied.
She lives too far away and I don't see her face nearly enough.
(Yes, I'm a great aunt. Yes, that makes me relatively old.)

Skye Danielle
I remember the day she was born, too.
Skye was the cutest/sassiest little girl ever.
She lives just down the street from me.
I wish I saw her more.
She is busy, though.
She's a mom, too. 
Her baby, Cash, is the cutest little guy ever.
He's napping in my bedroom at this very moment.

 We are going to have a great weekend together.
Happy Friday, friends.
Halloween is a week away.
I'm reading some scary stuff right now in anticipation for the holiday.
There is nothing like a little King/Stoker to get you in the Halloweenish mood.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!