Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Anger

I'm so grateful for my facebook friend Elizabeth (in real life, we were friends at private school many years ago) because she used an amazing quote in her status update earlier this afternoon. It's a quote that, as of late, I've been needing. There are few people in the world that I truly don't like. I can actually count them on one hand. I've been harboring and feeding some pretty intense anger towards one of them the past couple of weeks. It's been a random thing too, because I haven't seen him for quite some time and I've gone 20+ years without feeling angry at him. Honestly, I'm grateful for his selfishness and immaturity because it ultimately benefitted me. Still, I've been frustrated lately- at him for his choices and at myself for being angry, (I hate being angry) and I feel like this frustration and anger has been holding me back a little bit. Anyway, this is the quote that Liz shared:

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; 
you are the one getting burned."
-Buddha-

 Even though you don't read my blog (at least that I know of), thanks Liz.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!