Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Turning the Page to Some New Chapters...

#1. I'm going to pursue my yoga teacher certification (finally). I've wanted to do this for years, always telling myself I'd know it when the "right" time came. That time is here. I feel it in my heart and soul. I feel something very powerful pushing me onto this path. I'm actually going to start a blog dedicated to this new adventure. I'll let you know when it is up and running.

#2. I've decided to take 3 well-chosen children during the day so that Harper and I can stay home together. I've been so grateful for my nanny position because it has allowed me to be with Harper while working. I'm selfish and spoiled now and don't want that to change so I'm going to have a small in-home daycare. I've rearranged my living room to accommodate play time/craft time/music time and I am so excited! I'll be starting on July 9. I already have one adorable little girl lined up. Now I'm just waiting for two more perfect children to find me.

I am sure going to miss little Theo, however. He is so sweet but is getting ready for 1st grade, which means he won't need a full time nanny anymore. This new situation is going to be amazing because Harper will get to be in her own house all day and she will get to make friends and learn some social skills.

#3. I've recently re-connected with the Pritchard family. For those of you who don't know, this is my birth-mom's family. I really hate the term birth-mom because it is impersonal and in no way represents what I feel for my 1st mother, so from here on out, I will refer to her as either Christianne or mom #1. My cousin Caitlyn is expecting and I was so excited to be invited to her baby shower. Harper and I made the trip to Gunnison and were so lucky to see so many family members. I was especially happy to see my Uncle Lon. I lived with him and my Aunt Becky for a time when I was small and I have really warm memories of them. It was really amazing to see him after almost 11 years and I hope that so much time will never pass again before we are together once more. His wife, my Aunt Becky, passed away a few years ago. I didn't hear of it until after her funeral and have felt so sad at not having seen her again before hear death. I don't want this to happen with any other members of the Pritchard family. Driving home from the shower, I was so happy and felt a new kind of peace in my heart, one that has been missing for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you are teaching Yoga I would love to come. I've always wanted to get into it but just never have and this will be a great excuse to do it. That is so great that you are able to know your #1 family. I work for a adoption agency and there are so many people that don't get to have that experience.
    Also while I was showing Lexi pictures of Harper and she was talking up storm. It was cute. I think she likes her. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't want to miss out on another 11 years of your life! Thanks so much for coming down I know everyone enjoyed seeing you! Can't wait for us all to get together again!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!