Sunday, December 28, 2014

Halloween 2014

Harper is a huge fan of Halloween. I think she gets more excited for Halloween than for Christmas. Her enthusiasm has really rubbed off on me. I find myself liking it more and more each year. 

Up until the very week of Halloween this year, Harper was going to dress up as a cheetah, which was pretty easy for me since she already owns so many cheetah clothes and accessories (seriously, if you look at my instagrams from the past few months, more than half of them feature at least one sort of cheetah thing). Then, at the last minute, she changed her mind and decided to be Dorothy (I'm quite sure I was more excited about her choice than she was). I tried to order a costume online but, unsurprisingly, all of the good ones were on backorder. Luckily, after visiting 6 different stores, we found all of the parts of a Dorothy look in all of the right sizes. The costume came together really well, even if we had to go with white socks (Dorothy's are blue) and a sparkly dress (had I known further in advance, we would definitely have done a non-sparkly one). Harper loved it and was especially fond of her ruby red slippers (so fond, in fact, that they are already worn out). I even bought a witch hat and dressed up as the Wicked Witch of the West/Elphaba. Harper and I had a ton of fun chasing one another around the house and fighting over Toto.

Cool costumes were just the beginning of a really great Halloween. We went trick-or-treating to Colt's grandparents' houses, visited my in-laws, had a party in preschool, ate Cafe Rio takeout, watched our Halloween favorites (Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Casper, and The Adams Family), and hit a few houses on our own street. The weather was beautiful- warm enough for us to go without jackets- and the whole day was pretty much perfect.


Harper and Pierce are always so cute together. We love him so much and can't imagine life without him. Lucky for us, he comes for daycare a few times a week. He made one adorable little tiger.






We had a fun Halloween party in preschool. The kids love any excuse to eat treats and run around like little hooligans (as if they don't do that every day).



This little wild thing is Jax, another adorable daycare friend. His mom and I are good friends so we get to see Jax outside of daycare, too, which is really fun since he is such a sweet little guy. Harper loves him. A lot of the younger daycare kids are like the little brothers and sisters that she doesn't have. She gets really close to them and enjoys watching them grow and learn. She gets so excited when they begin walking and talking. My friend Dani posted a video of Jax recognizing his alphabet last week and Harper watched it no less than 7 times. She was so proud of him.


Harper always has fun trick-or-treating with her Papa Doug. They go around to the other houses on the lane that my in-laws live on, collecting more full size candy bars than we need in a year. This year was really fun because Pierce was old enough to join in on the tradition.









1 comment:

  1. Harper is the most darling little Dorothy ever. Perfect costume choice for her. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!