Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Beauty Aisle: 5 Things

It's been a minute (a long one) since my last beauty aisle post.
I thought I'd get back into the swing of things by sharing five things I'm loving this summer.

1. At-Home Gel Nails
Nail salons give me major anxiety.
And I hate spending time and money on something I can do at home.
For Mother's Day, I treated myself to a CND UV lamp.
Then I stocked up on colors and watched some videos online.
After a little practice, I've become pretty good at doing my own gel nails.
I love it. I love not having chipped nails after just a few days.
I love how shiny my nails stay.
I love being able to paint and do yard work without worrying about ruining my nails. 
 And, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE not going to the nail salon anymore.
This is one of my best beauty investment ever.

2. Biotin Supplements
I've been trying to grow out my hair (again).
Taking Biotin every other day has made it grow like crazy.
It's helped me move through some pretty awkward lengths. 
I read that you aren't supposed to take it for extended periods of time so I'll be stopping after one bottle.

3. My Amazing Blow Dry Secret
This stuff. It's wonderful.
It's so wonderful that I don't want it to be a secret.
I spray it on to protect my hair when I use the blow dryer.
It also makes hair dry faster, which is why I use it on Harper.
It's been a life saver.
I even use it on Hazel! It really cuts down on her drying time.

4. Summer Lip Colors
I don't wear a lot of eye makeup in the summer.
On a normal day, I'm too hot and too busy to fuss with mascara and all that jazz.
I prefer a touch of liner on my top lids, curled lashes, and pretty lips.
These three beauties are my current favorites.
From left to right: Mac- Im-Passioned, Estee Lauder- Melon Shimmer, and Mac- Girl About Town.
You can find equivalents to these in my favorite drugstore brand, L'Oreal Infallible.
The middle one from Estee Lauder is my favorite because it's colorful but also pretty subtle.


5. St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask
This scrub/mask is a miracle worker.
My skin got really dull when summer started.
I picked this up for the first time and was hooked after one use.
It makes my skin look so clean and dewey.
And it feels amazing when used as a mask- cool and refreshing.
If I could only have one product from this post, I'd choose this one.

What's going on with your beauty routines?
What are your favorite summer tips/products?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Biotin too - I take it for a bottles and then take a couple of months off, but my hair is so much healthier and grows faster when I'm taking it. I think you should do some kind of post to share how you do your lipstick. I hardly ever wear the stuff, and when I do, I usually end up looking or feeling like a clown or a prostitute or a clown prostitute. Your lips are always so perfect. (Can I say that without sounding weird? Or say "prostitute" over and over? Oh well, it's done.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!