Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fall Cleanup

Harper and I spent yesterday afternoon in our backyard. I raked and bagged leaves while Harper played, collected "beautiful" leaves, looked for ladybugs, and sang. 

We have a beautiful big tree in our backyard. It gives us lots of shade in the summer and lots of leaves in the fall- 30 bags full, to be exact. It's a good thing (for Colt and me both) that I enjoy cleaning them up. It's hard work, but I don't mind. Work isn't something that I like to look at with distaste. Enjoying different kinds of work is part of my dedication to living a life of Diligent Joy. I especially like any kind of work that gets me up and going (there is nothing I like less than wasting time on the sofa). Having Harper out there with me made it even better. She was constantly running over to let me hear what song was playing on her iPod or calling me over to her so that we could look at leaves or watch ladybugs together. The girl never fails to make life more magical. 


Harper's iPod Shuffle is one of her favorite things. She puts her pink headphones on and dances and sings her little heart out. She has a big voice, just like her mama, and isn't afraid to use it. I'm just hoping that my neighbors enjoy her impromptu backyard concerts as much as I do.







Harper gathered quite the collection of beautiful leaves. She has been really into the changing of the leaves this year and can't wait to see the trees grow new green leaves come spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!