Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

Harper and I had a great time spending Mother's Day weekend in Vegas with our favorite mom/grandma. I haven't spent Mother's Day with my mom in a few years so this trip felt very necessary to me.

It's hard for me to put into words how I feel about my mom. She drives me crazy sometimes, it's true, but I love her and owe my life to her. She is my best friend and my confidant. We talk on the phone every day and I continue to hope that she will give my dad the green light to go ahead and buy a house in Utah. Harper and I both would love to see her more often. I know that Las Vegas isn't that far from here but work and other obligations make it hard to get away as regularly as I'd like.

Our short weekend in Vegas was a lot of fun. We did a little shopping, a lot of swimming, and zipped over to Boulder City for a train ride. As usual, I wasn't ready to go home. I don't think I ever will be. I can never get enough time with my parents.

My nephew, Brady, recently got a Shih-poo puppy. Her name is Penny and she is ridiculously cute. Harper and I both loved her immediately. I could barely stop myself from bringing her home with me. Penny loved Harper right back, making her just that much more irresistible.


Penny's cuteness and a giant swimming pool all to herself combined to make Uncle Troy's house pretty much the coolest place ever in Harper's eyes.


My mom has pink towels just for Harper. Harper loves them and so do I because I can tell that they make Harper feel extra special. My mom has always been good with the little things in life. She has always known how to let someone know that they are loved.

I'd promised Harper a train ride for learning all of her letters and numbers. Initially, I was thinking Trax would suffice but knew the forty minute Boulder City train ride would be a much better choice as soon as my mom mentioned it. I was right- Harper loved it.






A trip anywhere with Papa Jack wouldn't be complete without prizes. Bless his heart, he has no ability to refuse Harper anything.

Two days of fun with my parents wore Harper right out. Truthfully, they wore me out, too. Still, I can't wait to do it again.



1 comment:

  1. I miss your parents. P.S. tell them their old house "might" be on the market soon, the guy who owns it rents it out and well.... the renters pay the rent every month (surprise) but the owner is not making the house payments from what I've been told, the entire house needs a MAJOR makeover inside and out!!!! It's really bad on the outside I can't imagine what the inside looks like. I would love to have them back in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!