Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Party for Kenzie

My sister-in-law/kindred spirit/best friend, Kenzie, is graduating from the U of U this month. I'm super excited for her even though it means that she will most likely be moving out of state for graduate school in a year or so. I love Kenzie like a real sister and consider her one of the most important people in my life. There are few people who really get me like Kenzie does and there is absolutely nobody more fun to laugh with than her so when she asked if she could have her graduation party here, I couldn't help but say yes.

We have a huge detached garage behind our house. It has a heater in it and is perfect for beer pong (side note: I don't play beer pong because 1. I would be terrible at it, and 2. I don't drink beer) and hanging out. It's one of Colt's favorite things about our house and I know that he can't wait to man cave it out next summer.

When people weren't playing beer pong, they were in our house, eating yummy food and playing with our dogs. Tucker and Hazel are always very popular with guests. Harper is too. She was the only little person at the party but she still had a ton of fun. She has, for the most part, grown out of her shyness and now enjoys most adults. She keeps everyone entertained with her big imagination (the girl can come up with some pretty interesting stories... the other night, for example, she told Colt the following: "There was a huge dinosaur in my room and I was freaking out. I went in the street to look for you and a car hit me and I had blood, like a deer." True story. The girl is full of it.)

Anyway, here are a few photos from our night. I had a great time and did a lot of laughing (laughing is my favorite). I love hosting get togethers (I am a Leo, you know) at our house and never mind the preparation or clean up.


Our garage heater is intense, to say the least.





My drink of choice.


Meet Simon.
He is Kenzie's friend's dog and he came to the party, too.
I love him.

So does Tucker.

Our sweet and beautiful friend Nina brought cupcakes.
They were amazing.


It was snowing off and on throughout the night and Harper loved it.
I think she ate at least half a dozen snowballs.
She also ate nearly an entire can of olives.
I wasn't a bit surprised when she threw up first thing Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!