Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hey There

Good evening, my sweet friends.

Colt's sleeping, Harper is watching Madeline (thank you, thank you to the library for having so many wonderful DVD's... this week we are enjoying Madeline, Mary Poppins, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and The Nightmare Before Christmas), and I'm just sitting here thinking about how wonderful life is.

I'm so grateful for life, for family and friends and experiences that make each day amazing.

I've been having all sorts of fun lately. I've been out and about with Colt, Kenzie, Calli, my parents, Whitney, and Harper. We've been playing, eating, thrifting, shopping, and seeing movies and it's been great. I love being so busy that my house gets messy- who wants to clean when there is so much fallish fun to be had?

Not me.

I wanted to do a quick catch up. I plan on blogging a bit more from now on. I needed to slow down a bit there for a while but lately, I find that I miss the blogging world. I miss it a lot. So, I'm here and I'm going to try to catch up on reading all of your wonderful blogs this weekend (I'm a hunting widow right now and have lots of free evening time on my hands).

Anyway, I figure that there is no better way to do a brief "this is what we've been up to" post than with a few instagrams...
Our neighbor Gretchen has a witch and Harper is totally fascinated with it. She has wanted to talk about "Gretchy's witch" every time we go outside. She keeps asking me where the witch came from, where her head is, if she is magical, and if she is going to come and take Harper away in the night. Harps is super into Halloween right now and I love it. She's also really aware of what is scary and has been having nightmares. That part, I don't love.

Harper naps are the best and really, aren't you jealous of that hair? I am, that's for sure.

It's Oktoberfest (or as I like to call it, Deliciousfest) at Porcupine. I can't get enough of giant soft pretzels dipped in beer cheese soup. Let's go again soon, okay Kenz?


Whitney and I have been thrifting fools lately, and with good reason, too. I got this adorable J Crew skirt at the local Goodwill for $2. Yeah. You read right. $2!!! I purchased a Banana Republic merino wool sweater earlier today. It was $3. Yep. Cheaper than your lunch. Go ahead and hate me now. I won't even mention my $3 Free People vest.

 I'm planning on posting more about our thrifting adventures tomorrow. I have lots of ridiculously awesome finds to share. Basically, I'm addicted. Thrifting is my crack.

Harper can dress herself now and has become buttoning expert. This means that she FINALLY appreciates and her cardigan collection. Cheers all around.

Harper insists on taking so much crap stuff with us when we leave the house and it's getting a bit out of hand (obviously). By the way... That is her Ariel Halloween costume in the plastic bag. I won't let her wear it (because I'd like it to last until Halloween) but she has convinced me that she needs to "hold it in a bag" at all times.

This cuteness happened today and honestly, I nearly died. Harps got this adorable shirt for her birthday and is totally obsessed with it. I'm sure you can see why. When Ariel came to her birthday party, Harper held it up and said, "Look Ariel, this is you!"

I saw this sign at the library earlier today and have found myself trying to decide if I should try to pass as a 12th grader or as the mother of a really small kindergartner. What do you think? Either way, I'm going to this carnival, 29 be damned.

1 comment:

Leave me a comment. I love comments!