Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Beauty Aisle: Why Exactly You Should Be Sulfate-Free

Pureology posted a link on their facebook page this morning and I wanted to share it with you. Ever since I went sulfate-free several years ago, my hair has been drastically healthier, which considering how much color/bleach/heat I put on it, is nothing short of a beauty miracle.

And really, don't we all need a beauty miracle (or ten) from time to time (or every single day of the year)?

Go here to learn more about why you should be sulfate-free (unless of course you want to use a dish soap equivalent on your hair) and stay tuned for a list of excellent sulfate-free products.

Also, if you're like me and you aren't quite ready for fall yet, join me and make a stand. I'm protesting with essie's Mod Squad polish and Spicy Pink lipstick from L'Oreal's Colour Riche line, which is the best kind of $8 lipstick I've ever owned (and I should know since I've tried just about everything). I love it so much that I own it in five shades.
There is no rule that says you can't wear pink after Labor Day so go ahead and rock at least a little bit of summer for me, okay?

Oh and ya'll can just stop holding your breath now because Diligent Joy has officially joined facebook. You can "like" it here (and don't worry... I know that you don't just "like" me but sadly, there isn't a "love" button in the facebook world... but I'll know what you mean). It'll be worth your time if you like (or love with all your heart) quotes/thoughts about being happy.

Also, sushi with the ladies last night was great, but it's not like that was a surprise or anything and in my most humble (and non-fish-eating) opinion, Ichiban is the best sush spot in SLC. I had the Vegiban Roll last night and it was delish.

(Thanks a lot, Harper, for ruining our photo.)

And for more pinkspiration, go here.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty nail color! Bright pink is usually my favorite color to wear any time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently discovered the benefits of going sulfate-free and I agree my hair has been reincarnated! I tried Enjoy Luxury Shampoo which I LOVE but I think my hair got used to it so now I switched to Alterna Caviar which is also magnificent. Which shampoo do you use? It's hard to find good reviews on sulfate-free products.


    http://honeynsilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!