Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello 2011!

Was I dancing under shimmery disco balls and a shower of confetti at midnight last night? No, I wasn't. I was sick. I wore my pajamas all day and was truthfully in bed by 8:00 (no exaggeration, I promise). I don't think that has ever happened- at least not in the last decade. I was so ill yesterday- yucky, achy, and barely able to move. I could hardly think of standing up from the couch, let alone dancing and celebrating. I can only hope that your NYE was more fun than mine.

I am truly welcoming 2011 with open arms. 2010 has been a long, and in may ways difficult, year for me. I was not surprised to find myself sick in bed all day yesterday and last night- it just seemed like a fitting way to end the year. I was also not surprised when I woke up feeling healthy and whole on the first day of 2011. When I got out of bed this morning, my body was in better shape than it has been in a week. I'm so ready for this year. I've made resolutions a plenty. I actually made them months ago and have been working on them already. I just don't understand the point of waiting for a new year to implement positive changes in my life. I'm  also excited to get married (in 2 weeks!!!), to buy a house, and to watch Harper learn and grow every day. In fact, I'm excited to watch myself learn and grow everyday.

What exciting things will you be doing in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!