Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Z is for Zoo

My parents and my niece Crystal have been in town since Friday. They are heading home today and I am really so sad to see them go. It doesn't seem like Las Vegas is very far away but when you can't see your parents all of the time, any distance feels like a million miles. Harper really loves my parents and you can only imagine how crazy they are about her. All my dad ever says is how little Miss Harper is SO much more special/smart/pretty/cute/coordinated/aware/amazing than any of the other children he has met. He is just a little bit proud of her... just a little. I wish wish wish that my parents were closer so that Harper and I could enjoy more time with them. I cry every time they leave for home. I'm sure that it won't be long until Harper does too. Maybe her tears will convince them to buy a house in Utah. Oh, I hope so!

This weekend we did a little shopping, ate some yummy food, spent time at home, visited some family, and went to the zoo. We had a great time at the zoo. The weather was perfect and most of the animals were up and enjoying the slight cool down. Harper took everything in and was quite fascinated with the animals. My parents spoiled her with carousel and train rides, treats, and prizes. We had such a nice day together (the only thing missing was Colt. He stayed home to take care of Tucker). I didn't want it to end.

Here we are going into the zoo.
I guess we need another baby for Harper to push around.
(No, that is not a hint of anything to come... not for a long time)
Harper was all eyes at every exhibit.
She called all of the animals "dog."
She waived at them.
She tried to give several of them hugs through the glass.
Carousel Ride #1
She was uncertain at first but had a great time once we got going.

Snack Time!
Grandpa Jack spoiled her with a pretzel and ice cream.
Carousel Ride #2
(Because just one isn't enough for Grandpa's girl)

1 comment:

Leave me a comment. I love comments!