Monday, August 16, 2010

Just Popping in to Say Hi

I feel like it has been forever since I posted or checked blogger. I haven't been out of town. I haven't been sick. I haven't even been unusually busy. I have been reading Wuthering Heights. It's one of my favorite books and I decided to re-read it as a little birthday treat to myself. Normally I read books quickly. I can put 500 pages of any other book away in two or three days. The heart wrenching story of Heathcliff and Catherine, however, is different. It deserves a deeper type of attention. I read it slowly but glutinously. I will devour a chapter and then decide that it was too wonderful to not read twice. I underline favorite spots. I look up words I don't understand (and let me emphasize how refreshing it is to read a book that requires a dictionary companion. If I know every word on the page of a book, I'm disappointed). I ache for Heathcliff and constantly find myself hating a certain character on one page and pitying them in the next. I simply can't get enough of this book. Every free moment I've had over the past 7 days has gone to Wuthering Heights. I've got about 20 pages left and then I'll be back. See you then my blogging friends. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!