Thursday, June 23, 2011

One About The Important Things- Lipstick, Hair, and Shoes.

I've made sure to teach Harper the important lessons in life. 

Like, it's okay to wear your pajamas (or at least half of them) at 2:00 in the afternoon so long as you put lipstick on. 

She is learning well.
Isn't she the most adorable little person you've ever seen? Yes, I think so, too. Sometimes I have a hard time believing that something so cute can really exist. It does. Her name is Harper.

Anyhow, I've received several messages/e-mails about my hair.
Thank you for your sweet compliments. There is really no big secret to it. In fact, I'm probably one of the laziest hair stylers ever. The photo above involved washing, a few products, and a comb- Harper and I had a dance party while I waited for it to dry (maybe that's the secret?). It seems that if I mess too much with my hair, I don't like it. These days, I prefer a non-fuss look, which is good for me since giving Harper a piggy back ride is so much more fun than flat ironing my hair (I can't believe that I used to blow dry/flat iron my hair DAILY... pure craziness, if you ask me).
Anyway, I use Pureology shampoo/conditioner (worth every single penny) and leave the rest up to my stylist, Whitney, whom you should all know and love by now. If you want to contact her with questions or to make an appointment, just go to here. I'm terrible at answering e-mails/messages so this will be a much more efficient way for you to get ahold of her. Please do, too. Right now, she's offering a complimentary deep condition with any cut/color.

Finally, I've got some excellent news today, friends. I found another pair of jeweled ballet flats to replace the ones that Harper wore out/out grew, which, by the way, are now living in my dresser drawer. I come close to tears whenever I see them. For me, they sort of represent the past year of Harper's life and all of the adventures/memories we had together, like going to the zoo with my mom and Crystal.
Harper's little jeweled ballet flats were her favorite. I think she liked that she could put them on herself. Truthfully, they were my favorite, too. I love the convenience of ballet flats, for both me and Harper. In my humble (yet most correct) opinion, ballet flats are the perfect type of shoe. You just slip them on and go. No socks, no tying/buckling required. Plus they look amazing with nearly anything, even pajamas and a black eye. Just ask Harper.
I've been web stalking BabyGap every morning, anxiously waiting for them to release a similar pair. Today, my friends, was the day.
Are these the cutest thing you've ever seen or what? They come in pink, too, and I really don't think I'm going to be able to choose between the colors. Harper is going to have both, I'm sure of it.

Happy Thursday to you and Happy Friday to me! My parents are coming to town today and I am beyond excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!