Monday, June 27, 2011

This past weekend wore me out and today I find myself wondering why two days of doing next to nothing can be so very tiring. 

I didn't get everything on my "weekend plan" list done. My parents don't own an iPad (yet) and Harper and I didn't make it to any SLC Saturdays spots. We also had to postpone our Wine&Warby party until tomorrow night. I'm still so excited for it and will post pics Wednesday.

I wasn't completely unproductive over the weekend, however.

I painted my nails.
I organized my makeup.
I took Hazel on several wonderfully warm evening walks.
(I truly love walking our dogs. If you ask me, owning a dog is the best way to keep your body moving. It's the perfect way to get daily exercise and fresh air. I wouldn't trade doggy walks for any gym/fitness club in the world.)

I started a new book- The Paris Wife is amazing. It is about Ernest Hemingway's first wife, Hadley. It's one of those books that is so good that I can't help but read it slowly so as to extend the experience of it a little longer than normal.

On Saturday, we went to a birthday party for my great-nephew, Cash. Harper had a great time playing at the playground and eating candy. 
 




Harper got really sweaty/dirty/sunscreeny at the party. She had a bath when we got home and looked positively delicious once she was all clean and lotiony.

I also managed to hit my neighbor's yard sale, where I gathered some pretty awesome Harper treasures. She got a tricycle and a booster seat. She loves both already.


Yard sales are awesome. So is Harper, especially when she pairs a party dress with playtime shoes. Oh my, she is so cute and seriously, whoever taught her how to dress really must be a genius.

I took Tucker on two walks as well. He likes walking with me but what he really loves is going to the park with Colt (Colt is the "fun" parent because he lets Tucker run free, chase balls, and jump fences). Here he is on Saturday, all ready to go. Isn't he a sweetie? He is turning one this week!

It doesn't seem like I did much over the weekend but by last night, I felt (and looked!) exhausted.

Now I'm rested and ready for a busy/fun/amazing week.

How are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!