Tuesday, June 21, 2011

If Harper Could Talk

Harper can't really speak yet. She knows many words, it's true, but none of them are fitting for a heartfelt speech. If Harper could talk, here is what I think she may have said to Colt on Sunday...

Dear Daddy,
I love you so much.
You are the coolest/tallest person I know.
Thank you for always sharing your snacks with me.
I really love when you give me bites of ice cream/cheetos/cake.
Mommy is mean and makes me eat veggies/raisins/granola bars.
Your snacks are way better.
Thank you for not beating me when I do really naughty things.
I will try to stop throwing spaghetti on the carpet, I promise.
I will try to stop dumping Hazel's water all over the house, I promise.
Thank you for playing with me and making me laugh.
Thank you for working hard so that I can have every toy/outfit imaginable.
Thank you for letting me use you as a pillow.
Love,
Your little stink bum/bugger/booboo
(Those are Colt's nicknames for Harper.)

Anyway, I told you we had a quiet weekend. 
On Saturday, I went to a yard sale and found many delightful treasures. I'll post pics of those later today.
We took Harper to the splash pad for a couple of hours.
We watched the US Open and yes, I cried when Rory Mcilroy hugged his dad after a -16 win. It was amazing. 
I went to the library to pick up my holds. I'm so excited to read The Paris Wife.
Colt loved his Father's Day presents. We gave him golf balls, a putting pad, a laptop desk, and some other little prizes like razor blades, chap stick, and car cleaning stuff.
Hazelnut loves the putting pad. She laid on it all weekend.

Harper was a bit sick over the weekend. I think she is getting a couple of teeth. She ate next to nothing and slept quite a lot. Look how perfectly cute she is when she sleeps. Someday, Colt is going to find me in Harper's crib snuggling with this sleepy baby. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!