Sunday, July 4, 2010

Treasures of Mine

Meet my treasures.

They remind me of the three most important ladies in my life.

The jewelry box was my Grandma Beth's. She gave it to my mother who passed it on to me. I've loved it since I was a little girl. I keep only my most cherished items in it (a necklace I bought in Japan, my adoption ring, and the gold angel necklace my mom gave me).

The Hummel figurine was my mother's. She gave it to me when she moved to Vegas. It is titled "For Mother" and it just occurred to me today that the girl looks a bit like my sweet Harper. I can't wait until the day she brings me a bouquet of freshly picked flowers. Hopefully they won't be our neighbor's favorite roses or something. Hopefully we live somewhere near where wildflowers grow, which reminds me that I need to add The Lupine Lady to my list of books to buy Harper.

The Willow Tree figurine is mine. It was my favorite baby shower gift. It is called Angel of Mine. I'm so grateful for my cousin Lynette who gave us something that Harper won't stain or grow out of. I love it because it will help me remember that there is nothing more amazing than holding your own sweet baby (I have what is probably a very irrational fear that I might forget and like knowing that I'll have a reminder just in case). When I got it, I immediately thought of the other two items and knew that these three treasures belonged together.



I love these items. I love the women (and baby) they represent.



I'll pass these on to Harper someday. I hope that she will love them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!