Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This Kid


This kid- she owns me, heart and soul. At night, I literally kneel at her bedside and pray that I can be better for her- that I can love her better, that I can be more patient with her, that I can be a better example to her, and that someday, God willing, I can deserve her. There are no words for how much I love my little Harper. She is the best part of me- the best part of my life- and I feel so unequal to her perfection. The sparkle in her eyes- in her young spirit- is so beautiful and I just don't know how she ever came to be mine.

But she is mine- for now, at least- and I love that. Harper brings a light into my life that is completely indescribable. When she laughs, when she calls for me (even if it's to hand me a washcloth full of bathtub poop), or when she asks me to play or dance with her, my heart melts and I'm once again grateful that, regardless of what my selfish and immature self was saying about never having children, motherhood still found me.

Motherhood found me and made me whole.


3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I'm including it in my Friday link list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so awesome that God sees beyond what we think we want to what we really need and will bless us the most in the long run!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!