Saturday, November 14, 2015

Kindergarten

My little Harper (who is actually not really that little anymore) started kindergarten a couple of months ago. She is going to Channing Hall, which is an International Baccalaureate charter school. It was our first choice among the schools that we were looking at so we were ecstatic when Harper was given a spot. I was sitting on the couch when I received the acceptance e-mail and actually jumped up and did a shout of joy.

Harper is loving kindergarten and has a really cool and focused teacher. The whole process of starting school was a huge change for her and me both, but it has turned out to be a positive and balancing experience. I am delighted at Harper's enthusiasm for school and am receiving nothing but positive feedback from her teacher. The thing that I've been most proud of is hearing that Harper is a caring and helpful friend to everyone in her class.

Here she is on her first day of school. Yes, yes, I know that she looks older than your average kindergartener. She is much taller than everyone in her class and probably the only student that has been asked to wipe off her lipstick before going to her spot on the carpet. She wears uniforms to school and has liked them more than I would have expected her to considering that she's been allowed to wear pretty much whatever she wanted (tutus, swimming suits, princess shirts, etc.) nearly every day of her life since she was 18 months old. Our saving grace is that there are a number of outfit options at her school so she still gets some choice in her ensemble each day. Her favorite things about school are recess, library day, and all of her new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!